If you have cats or dogs, make sure you pick houseplant varieties that are non-toxic to animals. From ferns to trailing Hoya’s here is a few of the fun plants you can safely grow indoors.
Peperomia caperata ‘Rosso’
Peperomia albovittata ‘Piccolo Banda’
- ‘Rosso’ has dark green, pointed leaves with deep veining and maroon undersides. ‘Piccolo Banda’ has silvery leaves with dark green veining and maroon stems.
- Both are compact in size, growing up to 12″ /30 cm.
- Native to Central and South America.
- Prefers medium to bright indirect light. Direct sunlight may cause leaf scorch/fade.
- Check soil moisture regularly. Peperomia is sensitive to overwatering (can lead to rot), so water carefully, ensuring soil is neither too wet nor too dry.
- Fertilize once a month during the spring and summer with general houseplant fertilizer.